Posted by Merritt Watts
Hungry and time-crunched? You’re not alone: About 31 million Americans skip breakfast, according to a report by market research firm NPD. Lack of time was the top reason for running on empty. Read on for a few speedy, sweet-or-savory options that will keep you satisfied even on the busiest mornings.
Provided by: TASTE
30 mins total 15 mins prep
- 1/2 pound organic potato, coarsely grated
- 1/2 pound organic baby zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 organic egg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil, for frying
- Rinse the grated vegetables in a colander, then squeeze dry in a tea towel. Lightly beat the egg with the seasoning then add the cheese and vegetables, and mix. Place the mixture in a colander to drain any excess moisture.
- Drop dessert-sized spoonfuls of the mixture into shallow medium-hot oil then gently fry until golden, crisp and cooked through.